PRACTICE POLICY UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
To ensure our ability to meet your eye care needs in a safe environment, we will reopen our office on a modified schedule, as of May 15, 2020.To that end, we are implementing the following protocols to ensure your safety as well the protection of our dedicated team. All standards for office disinfection will be met or exceeded. Social distancing will be maintained between patients. There will be staff and doctor contact only to the degree it is essential for proper vision care.
ANY PATIENT WITH FEVER, COUGH, MALAISE, OR CONTACT WITH COVID-19+ INDIVIDUALS: Please do not come in if you have any symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, muscle-aches, malaise, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste). Please call your primary care physician and seek medical care and guidance if symptoms are severe.
If you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, we ask you to please inform us so we can reschedule your appointment for a later date.
PATIENT, PRACTICE & STAFF SAFETY MEASURES
- All patients and staff will be screened prior to entering with a non-contact thermometer to rule out fever, and questions regarding the listed concerns above. No one will be allowed to enter with symptoms of respiratory illness or fever.
- All patients and staff will be required to wear masks or face coverings in office. If you do not enter our office wearing a mask you will not be seen. You will also be asked to remove any gloves you wear into the office and to wash/sanitize hands.
- To minimize the number of people in the office, there will be one patient scheduled per hour and only the patient will be permitted in the office. All guests or drivers must remain in the building lobby where there are numerous tables separated by a comfortable distance and a Subway and Starbucks that are operational. Children under 18 will be allowed to be accompanied by one parent.
- Families of 2 or more who have been isolated together may schedule appointments together provided there has been no exposure to COVID-19.
- Patient visual and medical history will be conducted or reviewed prior to the patient's appointment to minimize time in the office.
- The installation of plexiglass screens at our reception desk and tables in our optical where normal 6-foot social distancing is not possible provides extra protection for our patients and staff.
- We have also installed plastic eye shield screens on diagnostic equipment in exams rooms to create a barrier between patient and staff during close-proximity testing.
- All exam rooms, diagnostic equipment and surfaces in our optical dispensary are disinfected before and after every patient encounter and common touch points in the office are sterilized regularly.
- Patients should avoid any personal items such as cell phone, keys, handbags,or outerwear on any surface in our office.
Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and community.