As the facts and situation around COVID-19 (coronavirus) continue to evolve, and in compliance with the recommendations by the CDC and the Department of Public Health, we are resuming regular hours as of May 15,2020.
We recognize the gravity of these extreme measures and remain sensitive to your eye care priorities.
We continue to be available by phone, voicemail, text and email .We understand that some of you may have eyeglass and/or contact lens orders to pick up. If you feel more comfortable, we will be able to ship these orders to you at your request.
If your contact lens supply is running low or if you are in need of contact lenses you may visit our online store at http://www.yourlens.com/ceciliaperezod to place an order. As a courtesy to our loyal patients, we will extend contact lens prescription for 2 months and ship them to you at no charge. In the meantime, please do not over wear your contact lenses for your own safety. Lately there has been misleading information in the press, regarding the use of contact lenses during the COVID-19 spread. The American Academy of Optometry released this statement regarding contact lens wear: To prevent contact lens infections of all kinds: bacterial, viral, and fungal, contact lens wearers must:
- Wash hands thoroughly, at least 20 seconds, with soap and water, and dry hands completely.
- Use daily disposable contact lenses if possible.
- If solutions are required, use them appropriately. Specifically, do not re-use solutions.
- Replace cases monthly or more frequently. Rinse, wipe, and air dry contact lens cases every day.
- Do not wear contact lenses when you are ill.
If you have a medical eye emergency please call 911 or go to the nearest urgent care facility.Thank you for your trust and understanding during these challenging times. We always appreciate your loyalty and support!
Stay safe and healthy.